Let's make your everyday living easier and more comfortable!
Everyone wants their lives to be easier, but few realize that ease can be designed into the home, and even fewer realize how economical an easier life can be.
The second value enhancer we'll be exploring of our You-Inspired Discovery Process discusses EASE and COMFORT! First, I define Pippin IMPACT Homes and how these homes can significantly enhance your life. Next, I discuss Functionality and why it's vitally important. Finally, I offer a shift in perspective that can change the way you view the very definition of HOME!
Pippin IMPACT Homes
Intentionally Maximizing Performance Adaptability & Comfort for Tomorrow
What if your home was designed to simplify tasks, control climate, improve your health and wellness, AND reduce your utility bills? We refer to these highly capable homes as Pippin IMPACT Homes and they are the homes of the future!
The impact these homes have on your life and the environment is significant! Pippin IMPACT homes enhance everything from efficiency, air quality, durability and money saving opportunities to creating unparalleled ease and comfort, with health and wellness as the central focus.
9 Homeowner Benefits of Pippin IMPACT Homes
…these all provide an instant return on your investment, too!
1. Increased Comfort: Stable indoor temperatures, fewer drafts and better humidity control, daylighting based on the path of the sun creates feelings of comfort and happiness.
2. Unparalleled Ease: Functionality designed into every space (see below)
3. Peak Health & Wellness: Superb air purification creates healthier indoor air quality, materials without toxins, plenty of sunlight, healthy spaces accentuate views of the natural surroundings.
4. Enhanced Energetics: Implementing feng shui practices, inviting positive chi energy, enhancing the way you FEEL in your home; balance, peace, calm, and joy.
5. Environmentally Friendly: Considering eco-friendly materials, reduction in waste, longevity of construction methods, and a smaller carbon footprint.
6. Lower Operating Costs: Less expensive utility bills due to energy and water efficiency measures.
7. Low Consumption of Resources: During construction AND throughout lifetime.
8. Reduction in Repair Costs and Maintenance: Using highly durable building materials and carefully considering the environment the home is built into, lawns require less weeding and watering.
9. Accessibility: Accommodate guests and/or residents with mobility limitations, ease for visitors of all abilities, age-in-place with grace.
Most importantly, it FEELS good to be in a Pippin IMPACT Home!
There are A LOT of options when it comes to building a Pippin IMPACT Home. Check out our article: Pippin IMPACT Homes to learn the full spectrum of what’s available to you.
Pippin IMPACT Myth Busting!
Q: Won’t a Pippin IMPACT Home cost a lot?
A: Designers and builders are now able to find easily sourced materials and affordable solutions for homeowners. The increased demand for energy efficient homes has spiked competition among suppliers, driving down costs for the consumer. Advances in technology have led to more efficient products, providing the homeowner with more options that fit into their budget. Though often times the initial cost of a Pippin IMPACT Home will be greater, the cost saving benefits quickly adds up to a lower total cost of ownership.
* Check out our Pippin IMPACT Basics Checklist to see all your product and performance options.
Pippin IMPACT + Functionality = Ease and Comfort
A Pippin IMPACT Home designed with highly functional living spaces is the key to living a life of ease and comfort in your new home.
What is functionality in home design?
Functionality in a home refers to the ability to easily perform daily routine actions. Your home is designed to meet your current daily needs AND your needs in the future without requiring costly up-grades or renovations. A highly functional home is practical, easy to use, allows you to age-in-place with grace, and way out-performs the average home.
Why is functionality so important?
Designing functionality right into your masterplan can save you LOTS of hassle and money down the line, not to mention make your life as easy and comfortable as possible from the moment you move in.
How do you make a home functional?
It’s important to evaluate the intended use of each space in the home.
As part of our You-Inspired Discovery Process,
we discuss how to create each room to serve your needs and desires.
3 questions to ask yourself for determining size and level of detail that goes into each room…
1) How do you plan to use each room now and into the future?
2) How much time do you plan to spend in each room?
3) How many people will need to use the spaces, either alone or in gatherings?
Making a home functional means that the home works for all the people living in it and makes everyone’s lives easier.
Pro Tip: Incorporating rooms that have multiple uses can help avoid the costly mistake of building rooms that are rarely used.
Accessibility Creates Ease for Everyone
Accessibility refers to the home’s ability to accommodate guests and/or residents with mobility limitations. There are MANY ways you can plan accessibility into your home to make your and your loved ones’ lives easier. Stay tuned for a future blog on accessibility!
The specific requirements, needs, wants and desires of each homeowner
will vary, and this makes designing really interesting for us.
Thoughtful and careful planning of the everyday functionality of the spaces within your home will automatically result in a home that is comfortable and easy to live in. The elements of Pippin-Performance and Functionality incorporated in various ways will make your house truly a home.
What exactly does HOME mean to you?
The necessity of home is best highlighted by Abraham Maslow in his depiction of needs that every human is motivated to achieve. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs suggests that shelter is the most basic and fundamental need of every human; without which achieving safety, love and belonging, esteem and self-actualization are not possible.
If we shift our perspective of what HOME is, a world of possibilities become available,
allowing the home to work in harmony with and enhance every aspect of our lives.
What I’m proposing is that your home, when designed appropriately for YOU and YOUR life, can actually help you achieve ease, comfort and ALL your needs and desires.
To see more examples of how a YOU-Inspired home can support a YOU-Inspired life check out my article Home Meets Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
We at Pippin Home Designs feel it’s our calling to use our skills in residential home design as the conduit for clients being able to achieve self-actualization.
Nothing brings us greater satisfaction than seeing our clients’ lives
blossom into a deep state of joy, ease, inspiration, and abundance.
I intend you find ease, comfort and inspiration today and always.
Inspired by YOU,
Jenny Pippin, CPBD, FAIBD, CGP
Pippin Home Designs
P.S. If you didn't check it out earlier, be inspired more about Pippin IMPACT Homes: Advantages, Options & Costs!
Leave a Reply.
I am Jenny Pippin, founder of Pippin Home Designs and creator of my own inspired living. I grew up as an ordinary southern girl, working in the fields of my family’s tobacco farm. It didn’t take me long to realize I had greater gifts and so I chose to step into my power and create my own path in life, inspired by my heart’s true passion. (More on my personal story HERE!)